Tuesday, January 28, 2014

God - Our Heavenly Father

God is our Heavenly Father, the Father of our spirits. We read in John 20:17 that we are God's children: "Jesus saith unto [Mary], Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God."


So if God really is our Father in Heaven, what does this mean for us here on Earth? Well lets compare it to our Earthly fathers. Fathers here on Earth want the best for their children. They want the kids to be successful in life and have happiness. The father lets the child learn on its own, but the father is still near by to encourage, lift, and give advice when needed. That's exactly how our Heavenly Father works! We can't see Him but we can FEEL Him. He is always nearby to help us when we ask.

7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
8 For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.
9 Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone?
10 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?
11 If ye, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
(Mark 7:7-11)

We can ask God anything at anytime and He will answer us if we believe He will. James directs: 
5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be give him
6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering.
(James 1:5-6) 

This scripture tells us that if we want to know something, go to the source of all truth: God. He will give you an answer freely and He won't find fault in your question. But we must truly believe and trust that God will answer us. I promise that God does answer prayers, He answers in His own time and in His own way. Some of the ways that Heavenly Father answers our prayers is by the feelings we get in our heart and mind or by someone else blessing our lives. I have found such peace when I humbly kneel down and thank my Heavenly Father for the things I've been given. Knowing that Heavenly Father is there and will answer me, brings comfort to my heart. 

I always try to turn to Him when I'm sick, lonely, or in need and I know He's there. The power of prayer is real! I love my Heavenly Father and I invite all of you to put prayer to the test. When you do, you will feel the warmth and love of God in your heart, of this I do humbly testify.


No comments:

Post a Comment